Professor of Marketing and Branding at University Carlos III of Madrid and Co-director of the Master in International Management (International MBA, Univ. Carlos III of Madrid). He is a consultant and technical expert on brand management, valuation of intangibles assets, and international marketing strategies and program implementation in different sectors and industries.
He holds a Ph.D.in Business Economics from Autonoma University of Madrid (1996); a Master in International Business and Affairs, Washington University, USA (1992); a MBA from Autonoma University of Madrid (1989); and a Bachelor in Economics from the University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain (1985).
His research interests are focused on international brand management, brand and other intangible assets economic and financial valuation and dilution, internationalization strategies, and marketing and business management in transactional economies and emerging markets. At present, his research examines techniques for economic and financial valuation of brands and other intangible assets, trademark dilution measurements, brand value creation models, and the relationship between brand value, internationalization of firms and country image. Furthermore, a new line of research is focused on marketing strategies in transactional and emerging economies, mainly in retailing and hotel business.
His most recent research has been published in specialized international journals, such as the International Marketing Review, The Service Industries Journal, Papeles de Economía Española, International Journal of Management Practice, Latin America Business Review, International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation, International Journal of Management, International Journal of Retail and Distribution Management, Cornell Hotel and Restaurant Administration Quarterly and The Journal of Brand Management.
Professionally, he has worked for several multinational companies, including McDonnell Douglas Corporation (USA), John Fabick Tractor-Caterpillar Inc. (USA) and Maritz España (subsidiary in Spain of Maritz Ltd, UK).
Professor of Marketing at University Carlos III of Madrid.
PH.D. in Business Administration (Université Catholique de Louvain- Belgium) and Ph.D. in Psychology (University Pontificia de Comillas, Spain). MBA-Université Catholique de Louvain (UCL), Belgium.
His research, teaching and consulting activity is focused on the ADI business competitiveness cycle: audit, design and implementation of market strategies.
In his studies he has received the following awards: Rector Scholarship UCL-Doctoral Studies; Doctorate in Psychology (Cum Laude), MBA-UCL (Great Distinction) Fellowship in Hospital Administration Studies, Fatebenefratelli, Italy. He has also received the Scholarship for Post-doctoral studies, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid-Arizona State University.
Author of several articles in internationally ranked journals. Receiver of several awards such as: the “Highly Commended Award Winner” on one of his articles, Emerald Literati Network Awards for Excellence (UK), “XII Premio Círculo” from the Círculo de Empresarios-Madrid-Spain. Summa Cum Laude-academic contribution in both categories: books and Journals’ publications, by the Peruvian Society of Marketing.
Author of several books, in a diverse area of marketing and management, between them “Cómo escribir y publicar una tesis doctoral”.
Professor of CENTRUM Catolica-Lima(Peru), Visiting Professor of EDAN (Paraguay), UCUDAL (Uruguay), ESPOL (Ecuador), Externado (Colombia), ASU-Arizona (USA) and EGADE-Tecnológico (Monterrey-México).
His teaching experience has been combined with consulting activity and training for executives from different multinational companies (The Marketing & Design Group-UK, Rank-XEROX-Belgium, IBM-New York, Carvajal of the Americas, CERVEPAR-Paraguay). He has also designed and directed training programs for executives and Teachers of Marketing and Consulting (PYMEs) in the following countries: Belgium, Argentina, Mexico, Peru, Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
MarketinGroup is formed by an international network of University professors and professional consultants, covering a wide range of knowledge and expertise. Following is a list of our associates and partners.
- Espejo Navarro, David. Economista y Certified Fraud Examiner, Socio fundador de Expert-Witness Forensic and Compliance. Profesor de finanzas del Master en Dirección Internacional de la Empresa UC3M (International MBA)
- Adamo, Giuseppe Emanuele. University of Bedfordshire Business School, Department School, Department of Marketing, London. UK
- Areal Ludeña, Santiago. Professor of Social and Private International Law, Carlos III University of Madrid. Spain
- Blasco López, Francisca. Professor of Marketing, Complutense University of Madrid. Spain
- Carvajal, Luis. Consejero Académico Universidad del Valle y Universidad Libre(Seccional Cali). Experto en Negociación Internacional. Director del Instituto Internacional de Alta Gerencia, Colombia
- Chattopadhyay, Amitava. The L´Oreal Chaired Professor in Marketing Innovation & Creativity, INSEAD, Fontainebleau-France
- Farache, Leo. Founder and Partner, MasCouta; General Director at Asociación de Agencias de Medios. Lecture Professor at Master in International Management, University Carlos III of Madrid.
- Ferrary, Sonia, Professor of Tourism Marketing and Place Marketing, Univeristy of Calabria. Department: Scienze Aziendali e Giuridiche Arcavacata Campus cubo 3C 87036 Rende (CS). Italy
- Garcia de la Torre, Consuelo. Professor of Marketing and Business Management, EGADE-Tecnologico of Monterrey, Mexico
- Golden, Peggy. Professor of Management and International Business, Florida Atlantic University, EEUU
- Jeonpyo, Noh, Director of the Marketing Department. Professor of Marketing, College of Government and Business – Yonsei University, Wonju. South Korea
- Kaynak, Erdener. Professor of Marketing and Chair of Marketing Program, Pennsylvania State University at Harrisburg, Middletown. EEUU
- Laroche, Michael. Titulaire de la Chaire Banque Royale de Marketing, Université Concordia. Canada
- Margariño, Victor. Director of Marketing and Sales, Comunicarse S.L. Lecture Professor in the Master in International Management, University Carlos III of Madrid.
- Martinez Gema. Professor of Marketing, Complutense University of Madrid. Spain
- Mallo, Carlos. Emeritus Professor of Financial Economics and Accounting, Department of Business Administration at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain.
- Mentzer, John. Bruce Excellent Chair of Business, the University of Tennessee at Knosville. EEUU
- Molero Ayala, Victor. Marketing Professor, Complutense University. Spain
- Phau, Ian. Marketing Professor, Editor of Asia Pacific Journal of Marketing, Curtin Business School Perth – Western Australia. Australia
- Sánchez Vinent, Mirelis. Profesora de Marketing Turístico, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Master en Dirección y Planificación del Turismo, Universidad de Vigo, Máster en Gestión de la Distribución Comercial, ICEX-CECO.